LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE AS OF JUNE 28, 2012
transmission of the same to ThermoSpas, or otherwise.
A. WHAT INFORMATION THERMOSPAS MAY COLLECT
ThermoSpas may collect any of the following information regarding you:
1. Personal Information. ThermoSpas may collect personal information that can be used to identify you (i.e., PII). As used herein, PII may include, without limitation, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and any other information that could be used to identify you, your ordering history with ThermoSpas’ products or services, and your shopping preferences.
2. Non-Personal Information. When you visit a ThermoSpas Website, ThermoSpas may collect non-personal information such as your browser type, the identity of
your internet service provider, your computer’s operating system, the URL of the previous website you visited, and the IP address of the computer you are using. While none of this information standing alone can be easily used to identify you, it may be combined with PII you provide to ThermoSpas.
3. Cookies. When you visit a ThermoSpas Website, ThermoSpas may send a small text file to your computer called a “cookie” that identifies your browser to ThermoSpas’ server. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but as part of the functionality within your browser you usually can choose to decline to accept cookies if you prefer. Any cookie sent to your computer by ThermoSpas in connection with your use of a ThermoSpas Website does not give ThermoSpas access to your computer or to any PII. If you disable your browser’s ability to collect cookies from ThermoSpas, certain portions of each ThermoSpas Website may not work
properly during your visit to that website.
B. WHAT THERMOSPAS MAY DO WITH INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
1. How ThermoSpas may use your PII. ThermoSpas may use the PII you provide for any of the following reasons:
• To contact and communicate with you regarding your use of a ThermoSpas Website;
• To respond to your questions;
• To process a request you may make for information or materials;
• To provide you with promotional information respecting products manufactured and/or distributed by or services offered by ThermoSpas, its affiliates, and/or its partners;
• To assist you with products you have acquired through ThermoSpas and/or to provide you with warranty services respecting such products;
• To contact you for market research purposes, including, without limitation, the potential customization of a ThermoSpas Website according to your interests;
• To improve a ThermoSpas Website, to improve ThermoSpas’ products and services, and to provide the products, services, and customer support you may want;
• For internal record keeping; and
• To compile statistical records and other aggregate data about usage of a ThermoSpas Website in a way that does not personally identify you but that allows ThermoSpas to more effectively facilitate the promotion of its products and services to appropriate target audiences. ThermoSpas may hire third parties to help it collect and analyze such statistical data, and ThermoSpas may share such data with third parties for this purpose.
2. How ThermoSpas may use non-personal information and cookies.
ThermoSpas may compile data regarding your usage of a ThermoSpas Website and may analyze traffic log cookies to identify which ThermoSpas Website pages are being visited. Such data may help ThermoSpas provide you with a better ThermoSpas Website by enabling ThermoSpas to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
ThermoSpas does not knowingly request, collect, or maintain PII from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old without verified parental consent. ThermoSpas’ intention is to refrain from collecting PII from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old, whether through a ThermoSpas Website or otherwise. If ThermoSpas learns of ThermoSpas’ collection of PII from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old without verified parental consent, ThermoSpas will remove this information from the database in which ThermoSpas stores it.
ThermoSpas treats collected PII as an asset that must be protected and utilizes security protocols and tools to safeguard and prevent PII in ThermoSpas’ control from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may nonetheless unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications concerning PII maintained by ThermoSpas. Although ThermoSpas works hard to protect the privacy of all PII over which ThermoSpas has control, ThermoSpas does not promise, warrant, or guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that any PII you submit to ThermoSpas will always remain private. Your submission, whether direct or
indirect, of PII to ThermoSpas is therefore done at your own risk.
E. DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
1. Disclosures To Affiliates, Partners, And Service Providers. ThermoSpas may disclose your PII to (a) any ThermoSpas affiliate, (b) any ThermoSpas subsidiary, (c) any thirdparty authorized dealer of products manufactured and/or distributed by ThermoSpas or by any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary; and (d) any third-party entity allowed to act as an authorized warranty service center for products manufactured and/or distributed by ThermoSpas or by any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary. Any of these entities may use the PII you provide to ThermoSpas to contact you regarding products and/or services you acquired from ThermoSpas or to discuss products and/or services ThermoSpas or any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary may have to offer you or in which you may be interested. ThermoSpas may also disclose your PII to any service provider that assists ThermoSpas in operating any ThermoSpas Website and in conducting ThermoSpas’ business.
2. Other Disclosures Generally Prohibited; Exceptions. Except as stated herein, ThermoSpas does not sell, rent, license, or otherwise permit third parties to access your PII. However, ThermoSpas may share PII as it deems necessary in its sole and absolute discretion (a) to prevent an emergency, (b) to protect or enforce the rights of ThermoSpas, of any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary, or of any third party, (c) to comply with any law, rule, court order, or
subpoena, (d) to protect the business, property, or operations of ThermoSpas or of any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary, or (e) in connection with any sale, acquisition, merger, or other combination of the business of ThermoSpas or of any ThermoSpas affiliate or subsidiary with any third party.
3. Disclosures At Your Request. ThermoSpas may share your PII with third parties to whom you explicitly ask ThermoSpas to send your information.
F. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
website you visit, whether you navigate to that website through a ThermoSpas Website or otherwise, to discern what information that third party website may collect from you and how the operators of that third party website may use that information.
G. REVIEW/OPT OUT
If you would like to review your PII as maintained by ThermoSpas or remove your PII from ThermoSpas’ database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your inquiry please specify sufficient information such that ThermoSpas is able to identify who you are and locate your PII, including without limitation your name and your email address.