on July 25, 2014 in Entertainment, Lifestyle
There is nothing quite like sipping on a refreshing drink in a bubbling hot tub on a perfect summer evening. Just like fragrances, delicious drinks can enhance relaxation in a spa by reinvigorating the body and soothing the senses. We have rounded up a list of refreshing recipes for drinks that will quench your thirst while you are in your spa for the ultimate relaxation experience.
As always, it is important to avoid using glass in and around your spa. Make sure to purchase plastic or non-breakable cups while drinking in your hot tub to ensure a safe and fun soak.
Peach Iced Tea
Serving size: ¾ gallon
If you want a quick and easy drink that tastes like summer, this Peach Iced Tea recipe is the way to go. It bursts with refreshing citrus flavor and boasts a gorgeous orange color.
- 3 cans, or 11.5 ounces, of peach nectar
- 2 quarts of freshly brewed or store bought tea
- ¼ of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Chill until ready to serve
Piña Colada Smoothie
This non-alcoholic version of the classic drink is great for family time in the spa. It’s refreshing, flavorful and tropical, and will fill you up for a quick and easy snack in the hot tub.
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ of banana
- ½ cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
Mexican Strawberry Water
Mexican Strawberry Water is just one type of aguas frescas, which literally translates to “fresh water.” These light-bodied and refreshing drinks are very popular in Mexico, allowing for people to cool down in the strong heat. This particular aguas frescas is light-bodied and packed-full with flavor.
- 1 and 1/2 cups and 2 tablespoons of strawberries, sliced
- 3 and 1/2 cups of cold water
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into a medium sized bowl. Then add strawberries and sugar. Mix together.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let it sit for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours have passed, remove from refrigerator and blend on high until smooth.
- Get rid of pulp and seeds by pouring the liquid through a wire mesh strainer over a large bowl.
- Add remaining 3 cups of cold water to the bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour the drink over ice and serve.
TIP: If you want to spice your drink up with some alcohol, try adding a little Bacardi rum. Make sure to hydrate regularly with water if you are adding alcohol.
A great twist on classic lemonade, this raspberry delight is sure to keep you relaxed in your hot tub. It’s easy to make and will brighten up your day with its big flavor.
- ¼ of a can, or 12 fluid ounces, of frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
- ¼ of a can, or 12 fluid ounces, of bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/8 teaspoon of lime juice
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons and 1 and ¾ teaspoons of crushed iced
- 3 tablespoons and 1 and ¾ teaspoons of fresh raspberries, garnish
- Mix the raspberry lemonade concentrate, lime juice and water together in large punch bowl. Then, stir in the lemon lime soda and crushed ice.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a fresh raspberry.
These drinks are sure to make your spa time an even more refreshing and rejuvenating experience. If you have any other drink suggestions, we would love to hear them. To learn more about fun things to do in your hot tub, keep an eye on the entertainment section of our blog. It is filled with activities to make your time in the spa an even more enjoyable experience.
Sign up for E-Mail updates
Subscribe to our RSS feed to receive e-mail updates